Analyst's Notebook Professional version 8
During this four-day training course you will learn how IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook can be used as an indispensable tool in solving crime analysis issues such as 'Find out if there is a connection between a series of burglaries and a series of telephone conversations'. The examples and issues used are derived from police cases (car theft, human trafficking, drug transport, murder and robbery) and from the financial sector (financial fraud, identity fraud, skimming, forgery, money laundering practices). The emphasis is not only on advanced visualisation of data, for example using conditional formatting, but also on practicing the many forms of data analysis within this solution such as Filters & Histograms and SNA.
For whom is this training intended?
The training course is suitable for all investigators, researchers and analysts who have to convert multifaceted research data into Analyst's Notebook/relational diagrams, in order to visualise, query and provide in-depth analysis. This training course is also highly suited to (prospective) students from the Analysis of Information (AvI) course from the Police Academy.
What do you learn during the training?
- Building schedules, manually and through import. Thinking out multiple data models and thus displaying the same data in multiple ways.
- Apply layout options to schemes such as Peacock Layout, Grouped by Time Layout and Minimise Crossed Links Layout.
- Use different search options, such as Visual Search, List Items and the general Search Function.
- Analyse complex schemes with the help of Filters and Histograms. The HeatMatrix Analysis and Dynamic Filtering are powerful ways to gain more insight into your data.
- Search for duplicate entities with Smart Matching.
- Recognise the most important players in a complex scheme with Social Network Analysis.
- Show geographic data on a map in Google Earth.
- Apply conditional formatting to see important information in the right context and to make relevant information stand out quickly.
- Import large amounts of data such as telephone calls and financial transactions from Excel and from text files.
This Analyst's Notebook Professional Training is given in version 8. The Analyst's Notebook Professional Training version 9 is also available. Have you already made the switch to version 9? Then follow the training using the latest version! If the transfer has not yet been planned, it is still possible to follow the Analyst's Notebook training using version 8. So please pay attention to which training course you choose.